Selection Criteria: Scholarship applicants must apply prior to April 30th of a calendar year and meet the following criteria:
- Be working toward a four-year degree in Arts and/or Communications;
- This includes Fine Arts, Graphic Arts, Illustration, Performance Arts - Musical, Dance & Theater
- Be accepted to an accredited 4 year educational institution;
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher;
- Be a resident of Manatee or Sarasota County;
- Be an ODA or Saint Stephen's student for at least 2 years;
- Submit an essay of 500 to 600 words as to why you should be the recipient of this scholarship
In addition, an applicant’s community involvement, educational activities, career objectives and financial need will be taken into consideration along with an essay describing why they should be considered for this scholarship.
Recipient Selection: Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Manatee Community Foundation’s Application Review Committee* based on the criteria stated above and a personal interview. In the event there are no qualified applicants, the scholarship will not be awarded that year.
* Review Committee to consist of:
- One (1) Out-of-Door Academy and/or one (1) Saint Stephen's Episcopal School college counseling representative
- One (1) Manatee Community Foundation representative
- One (1) Massaro family representative
- One (1) Kozak family representative
- One (1) Alternate as necessary